Friday 6 February 2015

Friday!

I'm in two minds about it being Friday already - on the one hand, I'm really looking forward to the weekend, and on the other hand, I am not too happy that the week is over and I have still so much work left to do. Involving the book, of course, first and foremost.

Proofreading something in a non-native language is one notch harder to do than doing it in your native tongue, so I'm groaning quietly to myself even more than when I do a German proof. At least I know that it is normal for me to start looking at perfectly familiar words and wonder whether they were always written in this weird way...

I'm making progress, though. Assisted, just like the past few days, by ample amounts of tea in different variations and a sleeping cat as well as generous allowances of chocolate. Plus I'm getting some relaxing non-brain-intensive stuff done in the breaks, such as tidying up things and putting stuff away and sorting files. (And brewing more tea, and cuddling the cat - but the last point is compulsory on any day.)

1 comment:

Isis said...

sounds all so familiar!
i'm writing on my PhD and finishing a long overdue article. my daily routine is tea and mindless tasks during the breaks. i'm very much in favour of your idea to eat chocolate. i think i shall give that a try right away :)